Saturday, June 12, 2010
4G speeds seem to be "as advertised" by Clear and Sprint down the I-75 corridor. Great speeds. There are a ton of office buildings and hotels for business travelers in this area as well as what Dallasites call the "Telecom Corridor" Figures as much that we would see these type of data speeds here. Probably an antenna on every building!
Check out this test in the Plano area. Intersection on George Bush Turnpike and Interstate-75 (Central Expressway). Even the 3G speeds are amazing! These speeds would make the horrible commute manageable. Get some serious downloads done or stream the latest ESPN or YouTube HD video while sitting at a dead standstill during morning rush!
Monday, June 7, 2010
Some Good 4G speeds at the intersection of two of the main traffic arteries in Dallas. Tons of apartments here, so it would be feasible to forgo a home internet line and use the EVO and the $30 8-way tether as your Sprint Overdrive with these 4G speeds. Ironic that there is a Ferrari dealership and airstrip in the vicinity?
A few miles northwest of Speed Test #3 and you get similar details on 4G (same tower?) but look at the 3G speed on this test! The download is amazing for 3G speeds but that upload is atrocious.I might be hitting that Taco Cabana more often with these speeds!
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Let's get this 4G network in check! Let's show Clear and Sprint the REAL 4G network map.
- Go to the android market and download ShootMe and Speed Test apps
- Turn on ShootMe. You will be able to physically shake your phone to take a screenshot
- Go to your local 4G area and take a 3G and 4G speed test. Take ShootMe screen of both
- Take a ShootMe screen of your Google Earth or Google Map location
- Email these three screen caps (3G, 4G and Google location) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email put a quick description of your location, city, and any thing else you observe
- I will post here and tweet it out. let's keep 4G honest!
This is going to be my little place on the world wide web. A place to share my thoughts, have open and honest debate and geek out! I sit here typing this message with my brand spankin' new EVO 4G provides the network access. I have a love affair with Android that most would say is unhealthy. I religiously stalk the Android blogs and forums that already exist. I defend Android and convert iPhone users like I was on 21st century geek Crusade.
I will be posting videos, pictures and speed tests as I take the EVO 4G on a shakedown tour.